Hiring in the social gaming industry was down this week, with seven companies reporting 16 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Wooga reported the most activity with seven hires. Unlike previous weeks, there were no significant or high level hires to report, most likely due to the July 4 holiday.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Brian Smith, Systems Administrator — Smith comes to Gaia from PalominoDB, where he was a systems engineer.
- Erin McCarty, Flash Software Engineer – McCarty was a software engineer at Rocket Ninja.
- Luther Patenge, Community Manager — Patenge was formerly a web project manager and analyst on a contract at SteepRock Inc.
- Robert Dawson, Senior Engineer — Dawson comes to Loot Drop from Crowdstar, where he was a lead developer.
- Chris Royle, Sr. Web Developer — Royle comes to Spil from his own web development company.
- Jeroen Reurings, Game API Developer — Before joining Spil, Reurings worked at Eyeworks as a web developer.
- Anatoly Kanivetsky, Sr. Erlang Developer – Arch — Kanivetsky was previously an erlang developer at Drimmi.
- Raul Mircea Gigea, Engineer – Seven hires makes it a busy week for Wooga. Gigea previously worked at Contumax.
- Renan Weber, Engineer — Weber was formerly a developer at Funcom.
- Wasif Riaz Malik Engineer — Malik starts his career at Wooga after graduating from KTH Stockholm.
- Fabian Heuser, PR Manager – Heuser moves from the public relations department of tape.tv.
- Kerstin Nethen, University Relations Manager – Nethen was previously a talent management trainee at NH Hotels.
- Steven Gilmore, Recruiter – Gilmore moves from Nokia, where he also worked as a recruiter.
- Nathalie Spyra, Office Manager – Spyra comes to Wooga from Hilton Hotels.
- Rhodnee Zheng, Technical Artist — Two hires this week for Zynga. Zheng was previously a game programmer at Pearl Digital Entertainment.
- Eric Ma, Product Manager — Ma comes to Zynga from Arlington Capital Partners, where he was a senior associate.
Source: Inside Social Games