The August 2010 edition of the Facebook Marketing Bible: 50+ Ways to Market Your Brand, Company, Product, or Service Inside Facebook is now available!
The Facebook Marketing Bible has enabled thousands of marketers, social application developers, publishers, and entrepreneurs to navigate and get the most out of the increasingly sophisticated marketing opportunities on Facebook.
Now, as Facebook continues to roll out changes affecting brand marketers, advertisers and websites of all sizes, this leading resource and tool is updated and more essential than ever before.
The densely-packed Facebook Marketing Bible contains four detailed sections: Tools for Guerilla Marketers, Tools for Advertisers, Tools for Application Developers, and Tools for Webmasters. Each part outlines the best available channels and strategies for reaching your audience inside Facebook. Please see the full table of contents below.
In addition, Inside Network is happy to announce that through August 31st all customers who purchase the Facebook Marketing Bible will also receive a free Facebook Ads advertising credit, courtesy of Facebook (see terms). Now that Facebook has crossed the 500 million active user mark, there’s never been a better time to reach your target audience inside Facebook.
The August 2010 edition includes updates on the following topics:
- Facebook’s Gift Shop closure and what it means for the business of virtual goods on the site.
- Privacy and the future of sharing on Facebook. Facebook has recently launched changes to privacy controls that impact how users share and interact with information on the site. We review these changes in terms of what they could mean for Page owners and marketers.
- The launch of Facebook Questions. Facebook’s new Questions feature enables users to give and get advice and input on any subject they choose, from ‘Best song to play at a wedding’ to brand and product recommendations. What will it mean for the diverse ecosystem of businesses that have emerged around the site? We detail early insights on what Questions could mean for marketers, advertisers, and developers.
- Credits, Facebook’s universal virtual currency program. Facebook Credits are intended to decrease transaction friction and increase the volume and quality of transactions in Facebook’s gift store and for apps on its platform. We deliver an overview of the Credits system, including what widespread adoption could mean for brand marketers as well as developers.
- Social Plugins. Facebook’s five social plugins have achieved strong adoption rates since being announced at the company’s developer conference this year. Along with its Open Graph protocol, these plugins are designed to help websites boost virality and user engagement by leveraging Facebook’s existing services. The Like button, the Activity Stream plugin, the Recommendations plugin, the Facebook Login plugin, and the Social Bar plugin each have the potential of changing how your users interact with your website, and how your website gains distribution on Facebook. We take a look at recent updates to plugins and how brands and sites can make the most of them.
- New tools for advertisers to target their Facebook Ads better than ever before. With enhanced Facebook targeting tools, advertisers now have the ability to reach their target audiences in much more powerful ways. Learn how to use these new tools to get the most out of your performance marketing dollars. Plus, check out ways Facebook is experimenting with virtual currency gifting and branded virtual gifts.
- Plus, more updates on making it easier to remove applications, what that means for marketers and developers, and more.
The Facebook Marketing Bible is also available in French, Spanish, Italian, and print.
The single August 2010 edition of the Facebook Marketing Bible is available for . Alternately, you may purchase an annual subscription to the Facebook Marketing Bible, including monthly updates, for 5. As always, please make suggestions if you’d like to see more attention paid to any topic!
Justin Smith Read more: Inside Facebook